The Town Scryer is a mixed bag of humor, socio-political observations and ephemera from the perspective of a eclectic Pagan veteran of the counter-culture.

Monday, June 27, 2011

I'm a Card Carrying Member

    The other day I mailed in $60 to the American Civil Liberties Union. I couldn't really afford it.  I'm unemployed and between the rent and the utilities and the $436 a month that COBRA charges me so that I can afford to see a doctor and take all the drugs that he gives me to keep me in a semblance of health, I have to dig into what used to be my 401k for groceries.

    I did it anyway. The way I see it, there are a lot of rich and powerful people who are trying to make sure that I have to work until the day I die and the ACLU are just about the only people fighting to keep that from happening. Then Democratic Party talks a good fight, but at the national level, they don't seem able to get it together. President Obama seems willing to listen to everybody except the people  who voted for him. The Republican Party are driving the train and tying me to the railroad tracks.

     I figure the ACLU is the best shot I have unless I can hit the lottery or a lot of people in Washington develop a conscience.

   How about you? Feel lucky?




   Be seeing you
     

1 comment:

  1. It's a good idea. I'm going to have to see what options they offer.

    ReplyDelete